Thursday, January 6

How'd You Make Out?

My wife and I joke about making out. We don't do it. Neither of us like it and to be honest, I don't think I ever got what made making out so much fun. I mean I understand passionate kissing, but French kissing for a long period of time to me is sort of gross. Especially if neither of us have brushed recently. And how hot is a make out session if we have to pause for a mouth rinse before proceeding? I know it might be odd to somebody who really enjoys giving their spouse hickeys, but I have to wonder how common making out is among married couples.

This may very well be one of those things old married couples joke about. The passion is gone and whatnot, but I don't think it is. Maybe making out is truly only fun when you are a teen or single. It sort of makes sense. As a teen or single person, you still measure the night's success in bases. Second base? Why would I get excited about hitting a double at this stage in my life? I am married. My wife is breast feeding. I see more nipple than I ever dreamed of at sixteen. At this point I feel a little like Mark McGwire or Barry Bonds. You don't see those guys running around the bases like hyper children every time they hit a home run. In fact, if you watch them hit one, they just drop their bat nonchalantly and do that half walk/half jog thing, like they expected nothing less. Which in a way is like being married. I could never call one of my friends all excited to say, "Dude, went all the way last night!" Of course I did.

Some might think that it's sad, but to me, this is perfect. No more pretending to like sloppy kisses. No more trying to live up to the expectations that great sex scenes in movies set. Being married or in a committed relationship means you can be honest and you both know exactly what the other person likes. Great sex doesn't end after marriage. Great sex to watch ends after marriage.

1 comment:

  1. BAHAHAHA! why did i think it was a good idea to read this at work? too damn funny, austin. though of course you already know that i sort of disagree. making out is kind of fun all the time; married or not. but you do make a lot of valid points. there's something (er, a LOT) to be said about comfort.
    ummmm, why do i suddenly feel really awkward and embarassed? i'm going to stop now.
    great post. now show us some pictures of bayle!!! :)

    ReplyDelete