Saturday, March 27

Priority

There's a time and a place for homework...The seventh grade. It's Saturday night and I've spent the entire day procrastinating. It started last night actually. Fully intending on doing some work on Friday, I instead watched an entire college basketball game for the first time in my life. The game was between Northern Iowa and I didn't care, and as the game came to a close I felt sleep was in order. I had a slight cold and figured my poor health might affect my work, and nothing cures colds like shut eye. It was 10:00. On a Friday.

Knowing how important today was for getting some solid work done, I went mattress shopping at Ikea. I rationalized the all day shopping trip by concluding nothing was more important than spine alignment. And now I am writing a blog at 9:30. I spent the last 3 hours "testing" the new DVD player by watching episodes of 30 Rock, and walking to Subway, because walking was healthier, and necessary if I was going to eat fast food for dinner. So, with nothing left in my wasting time utility belt, I will attempt to do some work. I give myself an hour before I feel too sleepy and figure I have all day Sunday to finish the paper.

1 comment:

  1. you know, i'm actually glad to hear that this isn't something you grow out of. it makes me more sympathetic to my younger self. :)

    ReplyDelete