Wednesday, March 10

Clipped Wings

Last night, while lying in bed, I was complaining to my wife about how little time I have now with all my school work. I kept going on about how oppressed I felt. Like I was a bird in a cage.

"You know, I just can't wait until school is over, I'll feel like someone just shot a pistol into the air and I'll be running around doing all the things I haven't been able to do in years." At this point I was picturing myself in a scene from Springsteen's "Born To Run".

"Like what? What kind of things would you do?" She asked.

"Well, I don't know. Anything. I could watch Lord of the Rings or..."

As my wife interrupted me with laughter, I realized just how small my dreams are. I can reach the stars from my couch.

7 comments:

  1. oh, this post made me LOL. when you're ready to spread your wings, will you kindly call my hus? he's been itching to watch "the lord of the rings," too, and is surprised every time he realizes we don't own it. please. rescue him. i imagine it'll be an epic day for both of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So funny! Mike has really really been wanting to watch lord of the rings too! He looks for it on bluray every time we go to walmart.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hah, you guys, this is ridiculous. What is it about this obviously beloved movie, that makes it impossible to watch?

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOTR party for the boys, makeup party for the girls!!! let's plan it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Angie, I suggested that last night! Nicole, make some plans to head down here this summer! Or I suppose the Bromelands and Austins could make some plans to head up too...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds awesome! Mike has actually never even LOTR, and well I haven't played with makeup in a long time!

    ReplyDelete
  7. let's do it. one or the other.

    ReplyDelete