Sunday, January 17
Timber!
I went for a run this evening and on the way back I saw a snowman half melted lying on the ground. His black eyes staring straight up at me. Looking around I noticed that our apartment complex's yard was full of these decaying people. Some decapitated, others severely shrunken. We live in a family housing unit and we were gone over the holiday while they were built. But I imagine this great scene of kids and their parents working and laughing together after a good wet snow. By the time everyone went back inside for soup there were all sorts of snowpeople out there mingling. After a few warm days though the scene is pretty grizzly. Most are just heaps with buttons. This reminded me of another snow sculpture. I was in Montana, and I was driving to the grocery store after a big snow. On my way there, I saw someone, or judging by the size of the monstrosity, a group of people, had built a giant erect penis on the hood of someone's car. They had the front end of the car buried and the huge four foot testicles were on street level. How embarrassing. Even though there's little chance the owner would be blamed for burying his own car in an erection, I'm sure he was horrified. I doubt he looked out the window and thought, "yeah, that'll melt." I'm sure like anyone else in his position, he immediately rushed out the door to take care of it. I'd hate to think of the neighbor's kids coming out to play while he was still at work. In his pajamas, standing on a testicle, furiously chopping away at the sculpture with an ice scraper.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
i love college towns.
ReplyDeleteI know, so artsy.
ReplyDeletebut did u get a picture?
ReplyDeleteIf only Claire, if only.
ReplyDelete